Durable, adjustable upgrade for the rear trunk hinge pivot. SOLD EACH - new design is NOT a pair.
JWest pivot kit fixes two problems with the original rear trunk hinges.
First, the pivot bolts seize. The JWest pivot uses a spherical bearing
that can take much greater load, won't bind, and will not rust and
stick. Second, the original design has thin sheet metal that tears apart and leaves the metal
around the hinges a rusty, bent mess. The JWest plates sandwich the sheet metal where the hinge mounts to reinforce the area, overlay old damage, and prevent future damage.
- Bolt-in replacement does not require welding to install. Back-up plate reinforces the mounting area.
- The original pivot mount must be drilled or ground away and 4 new holes drilled for installation.
- Strong, smooth pivot will not gall or bind like original often does.
- Can be used with original torsion bars or aftermarket gas supports.
- New design - now available individually and are made un-handed (can be used on left or right), since most customers were using them to repair only the broken side rather than update both at once.