RennShift Performance Shifter for 901/915 and 914 tail-shift transmissions. Knob not included.
Also known as the RennSport Precision Shifter or RennSport Shifter or simply the RennShifter.
- Adjustable throw, adjustable spring gates, bronze bushings and much more!
- Fits 911 up to '86 with 901/911/915 transmissions.
- Fits all 912.
- Fits 914 '70-'72 with tail-shift transmission including 914/6.
- Complete shifter makes installation simple.
- 20% and 33% throw reduction can be changed at any time.
- Standard shifter has the same knob height as the factory shifter. 2 Inch extended stick moves the knob up and back along the angle of the upper stick providing easier reach from the steering wheel to the shifter knob.
- Hand throttle/heater lever slot machined in base for early cars.
- Works with factory shift knob or our optional shift knobs. Top of stick is same diameter as factory for use with crush sleeve. Stick is internally threaded to accept
- Automatic and manual reverse lock-pawls included. Note that auto lockout may not be reliable in 33% throw setting.
- Includes small RS boot. Can be used with original factory 915 boot.
- See VIDEOs link at the top of this page.
Note: shift knobs and the factory boot shown in pictures are optional extras.
The RennShift traces its roots to 901 spring gated shifters created in the mid-1980s for personal use. Commercial introduction came in 2003 after applying years of learned lessons to the final engineer-designed product.
The 901 and 915 Porsche transmissions do not respond to the same "short-shift" modifications as other transmissions. Other shifter manufactures may attempt to apply their experience with other cars to these transmissions with undesirable effects. The Porsche servo synchronizers are truly unique and only respond well to modifications that increase driver communication with the transmission. Over-shortening the throw will result in less shifting resolution, causing unintentional mechanical abuse. Our shifters mate the ideal balance of increased precision and smooth feedback that puts the driver in control of shifting rather than applying guesswork to gear changes.
If you want the most involving and rewarding driving experience, rely on the RennShift to fulfil your desire.