RennShift Performance Shifter for 901/915 and 914 tail-shift transmissions. Knob not included.
Also known as the RennSport Precision Shifter or RennSport Shifter or simply the RennShifter.
- Adjustable Throw, Adjustable Spring Gates, Bronze Bushings and much more!
- Shift feel and accuracy of selecting gears are improved tremendously, even compared back-to-back with fully optimized and blueprinted factory short shift. This is not a "boy-racer" product, but a true shift system designed specifically for the Porsche transmissions. Aerospace engineer designed with our initial 901 shifter improvement dating back to 1985. RennShift general distribution since 2003. We've been at this a long time.
- Fits: 911 through '86 with 901/911/915 transmissions. Modular design allows mechanism to rotate to fit both 901 and 915 shift patterns.
- Fits all years of 912 and 912E.
- Fits 914 '70-'72 with tail-shift transmission including 914/6.
- Complete shifter makes installation simple.
- 20% and 33% throw reduction can be changed at any time. 20% with stock length stick and 33% setting with extended stick are optimal for most cars. Greater throw reduction offered by other companies are not recommended for 901/915 type transmissions - shift force becomes too high and you have to "bang" the shifter into gear, wearing out the synchronizers. These are not Muncies or Hondas!
- Works with factory shift knob with crush sleeve on outer surface of stick or our optional shift knobs which thread into internal threads with a stud.
- Automatic and manual reverse lock-pawls included.
- Includes small RS boot. Can be used with original factory 915 boot, which when combined with a stock knob looks close to stock.
- Not shown - new base design accommodates heater lever/hand throttle on early 911/912 and 914/6.
- Stock height puts the shift knob in the same spot as the original Porsche shifter, both vertically and front-to-back. The extended stick adds 2 inches along the angle of the stick, moving the knob up and back for more comfortable reach to the forward gears.
- 4-Speed: Primarily designed for the 5-speed transmission but will function with the 4-speed 911 transmissions (902 and 915).
- The RennShift is a good match for the 915 4-speed, with the automatic reverse lockout being replaced by stiffening the bias spring for the reverse gate.
- For the early 911 4-speed with reverse on the left, the RennShift is still an upgrade over factory, but is not ideal. A stiffer spring on the left provides a reverse gate, but the right-side gate pushes the shifter INTO the 1-2 gate. This is counter to convention on nearly all vehicles of spring loading AWAY from the 1st gear gate. Two solutions are to "get used to" the spring into the 1-2 gate, or remove the spring entirely, which is the same as the factory shifter without springs between the 1-2-3-4 gears.
- 930 4-speed requires a different shifter which we do offer here: RennShift 930. The normal RennShift would fit the 930 but would result in extremely long shift throws.
- See our videos for more information JWest Engineering YouTube Channel
Note: shift knobs and the factory boot shown in pictures are optional extras.